Monday, November 19, 2012

The Time I Thought Would Never Come



I have a blog.  I didn't think I'd do it, but it turns out my whole plan of just being really good at emailing everyone really hasn't worked very well.  Therefore, this blog is not to replace my email communication, it is to supplement.  I'll probably post more musings about Mozambique generally here and save the super specific Hannah-time stories for the emails.  Also, if I ever get real internet ever again, I can post pictures here for those of you who don't do facebook.

So. I am a PCV (peace corps volunteer) in Mozambique teaching English and probably Informática (ICT).  I'm about to go teach in Zambezia province, and as many of you also already know, my town is essentially a tea field in the mountains which I'm pretty excited about.  

Training so far has been cool - learning  a lot of Portuguese and listening to medical lectures that make me pretty sure I am going to come back with HIV or Schistosomiasis (probably spelled wrong, but look it up if you want it's terrifying and Mozambique has a lot of it).

If you have any questions or just want to say hi, shoot me an email!  The one thing I hate about blogs is the lack of information I get from everyone about their lives - so email email email!

love hannah

PS I make no promises about updating this blog regularly - I will try, but most likely I will only post if I have something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment